We feel that we have an obligation and a responsibility to make our community a better place through the donation of our time and efforts. All of the attorneys are actively involved in local and international service clubs, business organizations, community nonprofit organizations, and religious organizations.
Within the firm, there are:
- Rotary Club
- Three past Presidents of the Rotary Club
- Two past District Governors of Rotary International
- A President and a Vice-President of Rotary International
- One past and one current Trustee and Vice-Chair of the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
- Kiwanis Club
- One past President of the Kiwanis Club of Decatur
- United Way
- A past President of the United Way of Morgan County, Alabama
- Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director of the Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
- Decatur Jaycees
- A past President of the Decatur Jaycees
- Junior League
- Two past Presidents of the Junior League of Morgan County, Inc.
- Boy Scouts of America
- A past Vice-President and Executive Board Member and current Advisory Committee Member of the Greater Alabama Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Decatur City Schools Foundation
- A President of the Decatur City Schools Foundation
In addition to serving as officers, the attorneys of Blackburn, Maloney and Schuppert have served and continue to serve, on countless community boards of directors and committees.